1.1 Virtus Medical Group Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data.
- Collection and Use of Personal Data
2.1 For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
2.2 Personal data of the patient (“you” or “your”) collected by Virtus Medical Holdings Limited and its associated companies (collectively “we”, “us”, or “our”) may be used for any of the following purposes or for any other purpose which you may from time to time agree.
- a) verification of your identity
- b) providing you with suitable medical treatment and/or related service
- c) processing billing and payment from you and/or your insurer
- d) collecting any outstanding amount from you
- e) handling and following up enquiries/complaints made by you
- f) provide you with updates and other information about the services, products and activities of marketing of services and/or products
- g) meeting the requirements to make disclosure under any applicable law
- h) fulfilling any other purposes relating thereto
- Disclosure of Your Personal Data
3.1 We will keep your personal data confidential and will not disclose your personal data to any third party without your consent, except as is required by law. However, your personal data held by us in its original form, hardcopy and/or electronic form, may be disclosed to any of the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong) where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy any of the above purposes.
- a) any medical centres operated by any of us and staff (including but not limited to nurses, doctors, pharmacists and other health care professionals) who provide services to you at such medical centres
- b) any agents, contractors or third-party service providers if we need their services (such as clinical laboratory or technical services) in connection with services provided to you
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
- c) Any doctors/healthcare professionals to whom you are referred to or by (in the case of referrals)
3.2 These third parties have access to your personal data aim to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
- Log Data
4.1 We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
5.1 Cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer by a web server that can later be retrieved by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies may be used to store your preferences and other information on your computer in order to save your time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information and to display your personalised content and appropriate advertising on your later visits to these websites.
5.2 Our website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
- Direct Marketing
6.1 Unless we obtain your consent or indication of no objection, we will not use your personal data for direct marketing.
6.2 We engage third party service providers as our agents to market some of our products and services. Accordingly, if you have provided us your personal data for direct marketing it will be passed to these service providers, who are under contractual obligations to protect your personal data against unauthorized or accidental access, process, erasure and use, and to only use the data for direct marketing of our products and services in accordance with our instructions.
6.3 All our communication with you will be conducted through direct mail or email, telephone as well as text messages. If there is any change in your mailing address, email address and/or telephone numbers, please provide us the update via our Customer Service Hotline at 8201 8833.
7.1 We are striving to make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, but please be reminded that no online or offline data transmission or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% safe and risk free. We shall not be held liable for any loss and damages caused to you or any third party arising from any data loss or leakage or any matter in connection therewith.
- Links to Other Sites
- Data Access and Correction
10.1 In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486, Laws of Hong Kong) (“Ordinance”), you have the right of access and correction with respect to personal data held by us, or to opt out from receiving any direct marketing materials from us. Your rights of access include the rights to obtain a copy of your personal data provided by you or related to you. Such request should be made by calling our Customer Service Hotline at 8201 8833. In accordance with the Ordinance, we are entitled to charge you a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
11.1 This Statement is prepared in English with Chinese translation. In the event of any discrepancy between the two aforementioned versions, the English version prevails.